«

»

S&P’s first ever Euro PP league table topped by Morgan Stanley and Société Générale

Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services has published its first ever annual league table for private placement deals in Europe as part of its drive to encourage more transparency for alternative private lending markets in the region. Created in collaboration with Private Placement Monitor, the table reveals that Morgan Stanley is No. 1 by volume, while Société Générale leads by number of transactions.

In addition, it shows that almost €7 billion was raised in private capital in the last year, through 87 deals. And although French private placements continue to dominate at 53% of deal flow, the market is truly becoming more pan-European, with the remaining 47% now coming from other European countries.

The full report, which includes the table and supporting charts, can be viewed here.

As a result of Moorgate outreach, Financial News (£) and Global Capital (£) conducted interviews while Private Equity Wire and Private Debt Investor (£) covered the announcement.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>